Monday 16 November 2015

MPM2D - Day 46: Test (day 1)

You know how you can spend hours making a test so that the questions are exactly what you want? How you choose the points of a quadrilateral to form the right shape without being obvious, and with coordinates large enough that an algebraic solution is really the only way to go (without the use of technology, that is)? And you are so sure that everything is perfect, having triple checked all the values, having checked it all in GeoGebra, that you don't write up solutions before the test? Sigh... Somehow when I typed 30 a gremlin made it 20 making my perfect quadrilateral, very imperfect. I noticed in time to help some students, but will deal with the messy results of those who had already worked through the problem. Ironically, I had written up the solutions to tomorrow's part of the test, and it is all fine. The kicker is that I know better, mostly because I know I make a lot of silly errors (hence my love of Frixion erasable pens). However, I simply made it clear that it was my mistake and that no one should erase any of the work they had already done.

2 comments:

  1. Did exactly the same thing last week; checked with GeoGebra, wrote out a solution on a scrap piece of paper, ... then had a student question the question during the test. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like this! I guess it comes with being human...

    ReplyDelete