Tuesday 6 January 2015

One Sad Thing, One Good Thing

I have always been a dog person. Yesterday, our family lost Théa, one of our Bernese Mountain Dogs. We are all incredibly sad. She gave us so much and I am thankful that she let us be part of her life.



Hard as it is, life goes on. One good thing today happened with my grade 10 academic class. They were preparing for tomorrow's test on quadratics. One (fake-world) question was about someone making something and the equation modelling profit was quadratic. Several students couldn't understand why profit would go up, then go back down. When I explained it to them, they thanked me and seemed to be genuinely expressing gratitude to have understood something new that was somewhat connected to real life. They made me feel valued.




1 comment:

  1. Mary, I'm so sorry to read about Thea. Pets bring so much joy into our lives, and I'm so sad you've lost one of yours {hugs}

    ReplyDelete